Committed to increasing the employment rate of people with special needs by focusing on abilities, Employment Services at TradeWinds:
- Assist job seekers with their job readiness skills and job search.
- Assist employers with finding qualified employees, understanding tax incentives, communication and accommodations.
- Provide job shadowing services for smooth transitions.
Please support our Community Employers:
- Adventure Club, Dyer
- Ameristar Casino, East Chicago
- Body Max Fitness Center, Merrillville
- Catch 22 Bar & Grill, Merrillville
- Cover-Rite Carpets & Design Center, Highland
- Gerber Collision, Gary
- Hardee’s, Portage
- Hometown Lodge, Hammond
- Kmart, Merrillville
- MaMa Pearls BBQ, Gary
- Moore Home Health Care, Highland
- McDonald’s, Highland & Lowell
- RAQ Inc., Orland Park
- Franciscan St. Anthony Health, Crown Point
- Strack & Van Til, Highland & Hobart
- Taco Bell, Munster
- TJ Maxx, Merrillville
- Ultra Foods, Gary & Highland
- WalMart SuperCenter, Hammond, Hobart & Merrillville
NIPSCO Grant Helps Workers Gain Experience
Community work experience breaks down barriers and gives people an opportunity to show employers what they can do. Thanks to a grant from NIPSCO, Employment Services partnered with County Market in Gary for an 8-week program that allowed 2 workers to earn $7.25/hr for 16 hrs of work. Given the opportunity to be maintenance workers that did janitorial tasks, stocked shelves, bagged groceries and provided customer service, these workers now have a proven track record to show prospective employees. One was even offered a job at County Market but the schedule was incompatible, so he was placed at Taco Bell in Munster, and the other worker is looking at other opportunities as well. Next, Employment Services is working on the final details for a similar partnership with the parent company that runs the Best Western in Valparaiso and Comfort Inn in Hammond.