Dear Friends & Fellow Golfers!
We’re looking forward to having you join us for the 25th Annual Golf Scramble for Kids. Once again, proceeds from the day will benefit local children and their families when you “tee up to make a difference.”
Thanks to your continued participation, TradeWinds is making a difference in the lives of more children. For example, our Summer Camp will be out and about in the community daily providing fun, new experiences for more local school age children than ever before, while our daycare is doubling the size of its preschool program, enrolling 20 more participants.
The fact that these programs are inclusive for all children makes them unique. But what truly sets them apart is the fact that TradeWinds offers a wide range of services for children with special needs, giving their parents peace of mind while they work.
• Professional speech and occupational therapy services.
• Licensed teachers and professional nursing services.
• Specialized care for children requiring tube feeding, medications and behavior support plans.
• Individualized program goals with developmental screenings and follow up plan.Your participation in the Golf Scramble for Kids is especially important this year as we continue to grow. Please help us do more by returning the enclosed registration form today and supporting our mission of serving people with special needs by empowering them to reach their full potential.
Golf Committee Co-Chair
Win a spot in the 2016 Lexus Champions for Charity at Pebble Beach this December!!
A trip for two to play in the 2016 Lexus Champions for Charity Tournament in Pebble Beach Golf Links, December 7-11, 2016.
2nd Prize / $1000
3rd Prize / $500
$100 per ticket
Only 500 tickets will be sold.
About 2016 Lexus Champions for Charity
DATES December 7-11, 2016
LOCATIONS Pebble Beach Golf Links / The Links at Spanish Bay / Spyglass Hill Golf Course
Those with a passion for golf can appreciate the qualities of balance, grace, and precision – words that aptly describe Lexus automobiles. Those who play the game also appreciate the virtues of competition, generosity, and charity – all of which can be found in the Lexus Champions for Charity golf series. Beginning with 63 events in 1989, Lexus Champions for Charity has helped raise over $300 million for charity. This year, the growing series aspires to raise even more money at almost 200 events nationwide. Lexus Champions for Charity pairs great golf with charity, as amateur golfers participate in tournaments held at the finest golf and country clubs throughout the United States. Lexus supports the local tournaments by donating $500 to each associated charity and offers competitors the opportunity to win a Lexus and represent their charity in the annual grand finale, the Lexus Champions for Charity National Championship at Pebble Beach Resorts in December. The charities represented by the top 10 net and top 5 gross teams will divide a $100,000 purse, with the winning net team claiming $17,500 for its hometown charity.
• 54-hole event, three days of play, 18 holes/day
• Two-person better ball, Amateurs Only
• All players must have verified handicaps and must present handicap cards at tournament registration; 80% of handicap will be used
PRIZE STRUCTURE $100,000
• $70,000 divided between 1st – 10th place NET finishers’ charities
• $30,000 divided between 1st – 5th place GROSS finishers’ charities
• Participants will compete for additional prizes for low net and gross scores
• Daily hole-in-one opportunities to win Lexus automobiles
• Includes transportation between Monterey Peninsula or San Jose International Airports and Pebble Beach Resorts, as well as transportation among tournament sites
• Spouse/guest package available at additional cost
• Participants are responsible for their own airfare and accommodations unless otherwise arranged through the local charity tournament. The host hotel for the Lexus Champions for Charity National Championship will be The Inn at Spanish Bay. All arrangements at The Inn at Spanish Bay must be made through a Lexus Champions for Charity representative.
About TradeWinds Golf Scramble for Kids
25th Annual Monday, July 11, 2016 at Sand Creek!
Live Drawing for 2016 Lexus Champions for Charity Tournament in Pebble Beach Golf Links and Cash Prizes!!!
Each year TradeWinds Board members, staff and children from Summer Camp welcome golfers for a fun-filled day that includes lunch, 18-holes of competitive golf, a cocktail hour and awards dinner with proceeds benefiting children’s services at TradeWinds. Jeff Strack, a TradeWinds Board member has served as the Golf Scramble for Kids committee chairman for the last 15 years.Along with making a measurable difference in the lives of children with special needs, the day features awards and prizes:
- Awards are presented to the best scoring foursomes from each flight.
- A fabulous assortment of raffle prizes is available to win.
- A highly coveted trip to Pebble Beach Golf Club has been awarded in a separate raffle thanks to Lexus of Merrillville via the Lexus Champions for Charity program the last three years.
- Plus, golfers receive a special thank you gift from TradeWinds along with a complimentary photo of their foursome from Bosak Motors and photographer John Hopkins.