Hiring people with disabilities can offer a number of important financial, legal, public relations and productivity advantages for a business.
TradeWinds Employment Services department serves people with both intellectual and physical disabilities and is an agency for the State of Indiana FSSA Vocational Rehabilitation Services. TradeWinds Employment Specialists attend continuing education courses, and are certified to assist people with disabilities and work with employers. They are trained job coaches assisting clients in maintaining employment, working on-site, hands-on or off-site behind the scenes.
What TradeWinds Employment Services does….
- Upon referral from Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), an Employment Specialist is assigned to a client.
- The Employment Specialist completes a Discovery Plan with the client.
- Employment Specialist prepares client to obtain and maintain employment.
- Employment Specialist works closely with the client and provides many services to the employer.
- We offer training workshops that assist the client in understanding expectations of employers. Some workshops include but not limited to:
- Effective interviewing
- Professionalism in the workplace
- Essential skills for the workplace.
People with disabilities are capable of many different jobs…
- Customer Service
- Food Preparation
- Computer / Data Entry
- Stocker / Bagger
- Janitorial / Maintenance
- Assembly / Manual Labor
Hiring people with disabilities can offer a number of important financial, legal, public relations and productivity advantages for a business:
- Gain a new and vital talent pool of workers
- Increased diversity in the workplace
- Employee and client appreciation
- High employee retention rates
- Tax Benefits