Connecting youth to the community, Summer Camp at TradeWinds features 10 action-packed weeks of exploration from mid-June through mid-August.
- Enrollment reached new heights with 45 school-age participants in 2015, nearly doubling the number from the previous year.
- To accommodate the increase in severe medical and behavioral needs, TradeWinds employed direct-care staff to assist 9 participants in 2015.
- Summer Camp participants in 2015 chose to “give back” by volunteering at local food pantries and Feed My Starving Children’s permanent pack site in Aurora, IL.
The 2015 Summer Camp calendar included the following activities and outings:
- Beach days
- Challenger Learning Center
- Community park visits
- Deep River Water Park
- Lunch at family restaurants
- Roller skating
- Sky Zone
- Weekly swim lessons at the Hobart Y
- Zao Island
- Zoos in Chicago and Michigan City
Enrollment packets for 2016 will be available in the spring. Call 219.945.0100 for details.