Staying true to our roots, beginning as the Lake County Association for Crippled Children,
TradeWinds continues providing both Occupational & Speech Therapy services in local school classrooms:
- Participating in the development & annual review of the Individual Education Plans (IEP) and serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provides diagnostic and therapeutic services in individual, classroom and small group settings in accordance to IEP goals.
- Performs evaluations to provide assessments of students to determine functional levels and identify special needs.
TradeWinds’ Speech Therapist is state licensed, and a member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) providing professional skills & judgement:
- assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language and hearing in school-age students, Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade.
- Uses recognized speech-language pathology techniques and procedures in delivery of specialized services.
- Provides counsel and instruction to teachers, parents, families and caregivers of children diagnosed with speech and language disorders.
TradeWinds’ Occupational Therapist is state licensed with credentials from the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. ® (NBCOT), develops and implements:
- effective treatment plans to provide services for self-help, functional mobility, environmental adaptations, adaptive equipment, positioning, motor functions and sensory processing.
- Plans and implements activities for students that will enhance their ability to benefit from their educational experience.
- Uses recognized and accepted occupational therapy activities in delivery of services to school age students Pre-Kindergarten through 12th
- Provides counsel and instruction to teachers, parents, families and caregivers of children diagnosed with occupational therapy needs.
TradeWinds Speech & Occupational Therapy services are performed in local contracted school classrooms.